Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Here are a couple of sleeves to inspire you!
For more info about my products and Eco Coffee Sleeves, please check out my Etsy Store : soshesews.etsy.com
How do you like your coffee?
Sunday, January 31, 2010
So... on with the first of many!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
... so much to tell you my dear bloggy.
First, let's start with what we've missed.
1. The biggie... I got married! I've been screaming about it (almost everything was DIY, of course) for months, and you can check out my Flickr if you're interested in the whole scoop... but here's a tiny dollop to satisfy your cravings (Photos are done by the very talented Andrew Thomas Lee... please refer to him for complete amazingness!).
2. Second, business has been great! I'm starting to learn that for me it has more to do with keeping up with the demand, and being productive every day.
3. You can now find my goodies locally in Atlanta at Beehive Coop!
It's been really fun being there so far! So many talented designers in a one-stop shop! Check it out!
And now for the Future News!
2. Now that I am a genu*wine* arteeeeesst, I must have an art show to launch my new work! The month of March, you will find my newest line of art on show at Octane Coffee here in the great Westside Arts District in Atlanta!
3. And of course, no awesome year would be complete for me without major plans for ...
This year's gona be a bit strange (Indie Craft Experience announced this month that they will not be having a summer show... boooooooo! hisssss!). ICE will be missed greatly... but I'd really like to try my very hardest to do one of the Renegade Craft Fairs. It would involve a lot of traveling... a huge expense (the closest one is in Chicago)... but I think I would kick butt there, so we'll see if it pans out.
As usual, you will find me at least once a month (as long as the gettin's good) at some local craft fair. Follow me on Twitter get the latest updates about what craft fairs I'll be doing!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I just cannot seem to get my lighting right. Or maybe it's my exposure. In any case, I do not know enough about photography to get things done the way I need to get them done.
You know when you stare at something so long that it starts to look normal? Like having a vase on your mantle that you see every day and you don't notice how much dust is gathering on it until a clump of dust slides down the side of it.
I stared at this photo for so long...
... and tinkered with it for so long on picnik.com...
... and ended up with what I THOUGHT was a great-looking re-touched photo....
NOW it just looks like this cloud is floating in a world of airbrushing. It's a lifeless being without a shadow... just searching for a slightly-yellow tinted nothingness in which to suck the life out of you with.
Or maybe he's a sad cloud because he empathises with my plight. The neverending ache of what it is to take delightful, slightly blue-ish natural sunlight-ish, but not too contrasty or washed out, somewhat enhanced color saturation, with depth and appeal and lets not forget to use the MACRO!!!! OMG!
I just want to sew and create!
Can't these photos take themselves? Gah.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Tutorial: Organize your Trim with free, recycled materials into a cool hangable chandalier type-thing!
…It’s designed to make ½” bias tape. How cool! I love it! Now, I have a quick and easy way to outfit all my recycled creations with bias trim that’s also recycled! Yes!!!
And there you have it! Your trim dispenser.
NOW... you may be wanting to say to me... "BUT BROOKE... do you mean to tell me I have to take all my trim dispensers off this loop just so I can use one?"
When you're ready to use one of the trims, just take the whole chandellier with you. Set it in your lap or hang it from a back corner of your chair, or hang it from the side of your sewing table. Unpin the trim you want to use.... and use it. Since it's on a roll it will just... well... dispense.
You made the big, fat knot and the loop just so that you can add more trim dispensers on. But you will never have to take them off the loop once they are on.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Believe it or not, the winner lives less than a 30 minute drive from me! Imagine that!
Everyone please check out Sweet Greens often for more giveaways! Entry is really simple and easy!